THANK YOU! I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF MY READERS THROUGHOUT EACH COUNTRY. I LOVE YOU ALL LOTS AND IT MEANS THE WORLD TO HAVE YOUR SUPPORT BY FOLLOWING MY BLOG. I HOPE ONE DAY I CAN MEET ALL OF YOU SOMEDAY 🙂 I HOPE YOU HAD AN AMAZING THANKSGIVING AND I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN DOING SOME BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING AS WELL … I LOVE YOU ALWAYS
|Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic|
|Republic of Korea|
|United Arab Emirates|
|Iran, Islamic Republic of|
As most of you have already seen the American Music Awards 2013 took place in Los Angeles, California two days ago on November 24, 2013. Unlike any other awards show I was very pleasantly surprised as they had a lot of great live performances and amazing list of winners. I dedicated my night to watch everything from the exclusive red carpet entrance and interviews to the beginning and finale of the show. My personal highlights from the AMA’s 2013 this year for performances were many. But I will tell you all how I felt about each of them individually as I list them down for you on here.
- Katy Perry – Katy Perry sung one of her new single “Unconditionally” from her new album “Prism”. Her performance made one of my top pick because of the its musicality, costume, and choreography as it was the main opening act for the AMA’s. Also because it has become one of the most controversial performances around the world right now due to the fact that some viewers called it “disrespectful”, and “racist”.
Why? Because of the fact that she was inspired by Japanese culture dressed as a geisha in a kimono. Most viewers who follow this culture said that Katy Perry,was over sexualizing on stage what is supposed to be a traditional Japanese female figure. One who is paid to serve as entertainment in the world of arts.
In my personal opinion I thought she looked wonderful and she meant no disrespect. But instead she wanted to honor and pay tribute to the beautiful culture, and people that is Japan. Which is one full of exquisite taste and happiness they bring to the world through their culture, fashion, music, and colors. Her performance was impeccable even her microphone was designed to be part of the theme with cherry blossom flowers on it.
- One Direction – The very talented British/Irish boy band sensation took to the stage singing their new single “Story Of My Life” from their new released album “Midnight Memories”. Their performance paid tribute to their music video with photographs of them and their families and dim string lights that lit up the stage. Their performance was beautiful because it brought the emotional, sentimental, and appreciation of their voices. They even got a standing ovation from the crowd after the song ended.
Ariana Grande – She did not fail us at all. Her voice filled up the room with so much control of her vocals. She is definitely one of my favorite new breakout artists out there. There is no doubt that she is super talented and that she will be one to make history as her career grows even further. Her voice is so mature, and beautifully trained as she sung an intro of her song “The Way” and into a retro vibe in“Tattooed Heart”. Both of her songs are included in her new album “Yours Truly”.
- Imagine Dragons– They completely blew me off my seat as they took charge of a medley of “Demons” and “Radioactive”. Their performance was full of fueled high energy from each of the band members. They all took charge of taking turns playing different drums, and other musical instruments while they sung. They also made sure to leave their heart out on that stage while performing making a huge difference between and award show and concert performance. This was a mix of both which means it was perfect. Literally if you were not a fan of Imagine Dragons before that performance definitely had to change your mind. 😉
- Jennifer Lopez – I think she personally smashed it, it was amazing. Her performance was overall sung in Spanish due to the fact that she was paying tribute to no other than Celia Cruz. Celia Cruz used to be a very famous and influential Cuban singer who led a legendary trajectory in the music industry. As we all know before Ms. Lopez was a singer or actress or the amazing entrepreneur woman she is she was a dancer. Her talented dancing skills were the beginning of her career. Therefore, it was no surprise to see how she took ownership of that stage; dancing salsa while she sung and three different instant outfit changes.
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – The duo was not able to make it to the actual AMA’s due to the fact they were playing a concert in no other than Miami, Florida. But they did take time to receive one of their very well deserved awards for Favorite Artist in RAP/HIP-HOP category. In which Macklemore made a really amazing and powerful statement about racism, justice, and about the effects on future generations.They also did a live, live stream performance of “Can’t Hold Us” from their album “The Heist”.
- Lady Gaga ft. R.Kelly– Lady Gaga and R.Kelly took the stage a very theatrical and almost a ballad version by the end of the song of “Do What U Want”. The storyline was a presidential love affair between Gaga and Kelly, with Gaga being heartbroken and criticized at the end all alone crying over him because he used and left her. I thought it was very neat, very throughout, and like always very impressed. There is no need to question her vocal talent, acting, or dancing skills when you have that type of love and passion for music.
I couldn’t find the word worst for worst performances to be used this year’s AMA’s because they were all great or decent. The only thing I would call it would be weak performances because they are great artist with some wrong choices with their performance choices:
- Justin Timberlake – Its not his usual performance that is upbeat and song that everyone can sing along with him it was more laid back and boring to me.
- Miley Cyrus – Her voice flawless, her fashion eh? not so much with cats all over but the worst part was the huge cat in the back which took over her performance rather than my attention her performance with the song. It really made no sense at all. I felt high in a musical rave to be honest.
Here are my highlights of both the best and worst looks in fashion and styling choices that our celebs opted to wear for the AMA’S 2013 red carpet.
The best dressed ladies:
- Ariana Grande in her strapless sequined “Jessica Rabitt” dress.
- Christina Aguilera in a white and sexy cut out hugging figure in the silky gown.
- Lady Gaga in a light purple Versace dress.
- Naya Rivera definitely made a fashion statement with keyhole opening in the front black dress with gold bracelets.
The worst dressed ladies:
- Katy Perry in a black floral strapless ethereal gown by Oscar de La Renta.
- Rihanna you are in my worst dressed too because of your Dubi hair like ummm no fashion fail sweetheart you are an A list celebrity no rhinestone bobby pins can hide that mess.
- Taylor Swift in super short short glittering metallic dress that looked more like she came from another era from Julien Macdonald.
- Kylie Jenner was dressed way too casual for the AMA’s.
- Kelly Ousbourne this breaks my heart cause I truly love her but I don’t know why she wore this ugly silver floral and tulle dress that made her look bigger.
- Jennifer Hudson’s orange and pink dress would have been best dressed on my list if she would have either gone all short or all long. But this Asymmetrical opening in the front looks like she got caught on something and broke it.
- Aubrey O’Day I think was confused when she got dressed because it was definitely not appropriate for the AMA’s at all.
- Fifth Harmony – The first two girls Normandi and Lauren look great (on the left) from Dinah and on to the right its a mess.
- One Direction – Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, and Louis Tomlinson. BOTH of their outfit changes were equally as sexy and beautiful.
- Justin Timberlake- in a Tom Ford tux, and Louboutin shoes with a cute black bow.
- Fall Out Boy– they looks so good together.
- Akon – Why the need of so much casual leather.
- 2 Chainz- Like really man? What is with the whole look from head to toe. Fashion Fail.
- Marc Anthony – plaid and jeans too casual and horribly put for someone who is nominated to win..(which by the way won so congrats.)
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE COMPLETE LIST OF WINNER SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT 🙂
With that being said this is all of my recap from the AMA’s 2013 Music & Fashion Best and Worst. Hope you enjoyed this post! If you love my articles and enjoy my music and fashion blogging everything pop culture – Evetzie xxThen make sure to follow me on:
Like me on FB: Evetzie’s Repertoire: Fashion Beauty Style!
***ALL IMAGES CREDITED TO THEIR OWNERS NO COPYRIGHT INGFRINGEMENT INTENDED****
Here is a list of the all the winners and in their categories:
- ARTIST OF THE YEAR
- ICON AWARD
- NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR PRESENTED BY KOHL’S
- SINGLE OF THE YEAR
Florida Georgia Line Featuring Nelly, “Cruise”
- FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK
- FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – POP/ROCK
- FAVORITE BAND, DUO OR GROUP – POP/ROCK
- FAVORITE ALBUM – POP/ROCK
One Direction, “Take Me Home”
- FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – COUNTRY
- FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – COUNTRY
- FAVORITE BAND, DUO or GROUP – COUNTRY
- FAVORITE ALBUM – COUNTRY
Taylor Swift, “Red”
- FAVORITE ARTIST – RAP/HIP-HOP
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- FAVORITE ALBUM – RAP/HIP-HOP
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, “The Heist”
- FAVORITE MALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B
- FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST – SOUL/R&B
- FAVORITE ALBUM – SOUL/R&B
Justin Timberlake, “The 20/20 Experience”
- FAVORITE ARTIST – ALTERNATIVE ROCK
- FAVORITE ARTIST – LATIN
- FAVORITE ARTIST – ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC (EDM)
- FAVORITE ARTIST – ADULT CONTEMPORARY
- FAVORITE ARTIST – CONTEMPORARY INSPIRATIONAL
- TOP SOUNDTRACK
- Ray Kincaid (Rapper/Artist)
- Bank Head (Rapper),
- Austin (Rapper/Singer)
- Jhamasa (Rapper/ Singer/ Artist/ Photographer)
- Corinthian (Rapper / Producer / Photographer/ Musician)
- Josh (Dancer)
- Shamarre, Jimmie (Rapper)
- Timothy (Rapper/ Dancer)
- Javadrick (Rapper/Dancer)
- Nat (Photographer/ Videographer/ Rapper)
- Cee (Rapper)
- Twigga (Rapper/Producer)
G.r.o.u.p Nation has been around since 2009 which orginated at Jackson State University in Jackson, Mississippi. When asking them about what inspires their music on their influence in their style each of them gave their on personal answers.
Corinthian has been influence by music since his childhood as well as his surrounding growing up. There was a lot of various genres that he was exposed like Jazz, Gospel, and Blues. He says that his mother gave to him “Promise” an album by Sade when he was about five years old. And ever since then music has influenced him. As for Jhamasa she likes to be influenced by different cultures while enjoying more of the underground music as well as spending some quaint time within nature to get inspired.
- Follow Corinthian on Instagram @mellophones
- Follow Jhamasa on Instagram @jhammypantastic
- Follow G.r.o.u.p. Nation on Instagram @groupnation
Like me on FB: Evetzie’s Repertoire: Fashion Beauty Style!
After what seemed and felt like a nine hour livestream which really was like seven and half hours, I am officially wrecked. I only took two bathroom breaks and I only ate even once full meal. I was too dedicated and sipping on water bottles over this madness. Plus to be honest I was so intrigued by them that I really didn’t mind the hunger in my belly. Although I figured maybe Niall would argue with that instead. 😉 The five amazing lads from One Direction took over a secret location in Los Angeles, California to bring 1D Day to us: Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson, and Liam Payne left me breathless. Which I am pretty sure I am not the only one? Who else agrees?…
From their attempts to beat the World Record for the Guiness books, crashing hangout parties, modeling on the catwalk, and ultimately the PAYNE TRAIN wrestling match. This was definitely and unforgettable day from beginning to end. If you missed any of the livestream man you missed a whole lot of great adventures. These boys showed off exclusive videos of their personal workouts, “Dirty Talk” dance video, and a made up exclusive video of Niall Horan covering “You and I” from their new album “Midnight Memories” which comes out on November 25th, 2013. They also sang “Story of My Life” and “Little Things” as well as they premiere exclusively for the first time a little preview of each song from their new album. I was fortunate enough to see the album cover and the inside photos from the pre order version of “Midnight Memories” and the photos are hot! Just saying!
MY PERSONAL HIGHLIGHTS OF 1D DAY:
- Zayn and Louis had to throw darts and Zayn won a Japanese blade 🙂 Louis was a bit bitter by losing haha just kidding.
- Niall’s temporary purple hair.
- Workout & Dirty Talk videos 🙂
- Niall’s and Louis’s coin challenge which Niall won over 🙂
- Niall’s “You and I” video which quite frankly gave the “feels” and ultimately left me “le dead”.
- NARRY feels on their hour segment and they do a “Ghost” scene replica of the Harry Pottery ❤
- Liam won the fashion catwalk competition agaisnt Harry. So his prize was walking the catwalk with no other than super model Cindy Crawford. He also wore his PAYNE TRAIN suit later on for a wrestling match which he “won” and which he stayed with the same outfit for the rest of the night 😉
- Truth & False Trivia Challenge of Asian Traditional Food & Facts. Which 4/5 got it right and Niall lost making him try something which wasn’t his favorite platter … yikes!
- The Paul Challenge was ultimately one of my favorite challenges. He had to carry all five boys from where they were standing across the room to where the rest of the band was at. He did it in 42 seconds. Harry flew into the air and into Paul’s arm almost collapsing and shoving his head on the floor. Uff what a nightmare that almost gave us as our hearts seemed to be frooooozen! haha (SOML) yeah so that happened.
- The amazing STYLES appeareances by Gemma Styles in Harry’s Cooking challenge agaisn’t Sarah’s Kitchen. The Eleanor Calder snippet along with Olly Murs for a few seconds when they were in Japan clips was also amazing.
- Michael Buble’s and Jerry Springer’s appeareance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujZoz3B8u4 Dirty Talk Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohoISqi78fY You and I Niall Horan Video
P.S: Don’t forget to watch ABC today for the AMA Choice Awards where the boys are nominated and will be performing at 8pm 🙂
Here are a couple of videos from 1D Day and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! 🙂 xx
Like me on FB: Evetzie’s Repertoire: Fashion Beauty Style!
One Direction may have planned to have their new studio album “Midnight Memories”, hit stores world wide on November 25, but apparently someone was desperate enough to go and get it leaked. It leaked literally a week early, so now all Directioners are going crazy on social networking sites trying to download their songs before they get shut down. To those who were on sites like Tumblr or Twitter and found out about the leak two hours before Modest! Management started taking down the leak sites, you my friends were really lucky.
With that being said this is the third studio album for this British/Irish pop sensations. I am not going to lie and say I did not hear the leaked versions, because I did. But as a true loyal fan I will be purchasing their album as soon as hit stores. I personally love their new album it has more mature and grown up beat and lyrics to it. It also seems like it has more of the seventies and eighties rock influence into it with their guitar and vocals. They also have some cool and familiar sounds like Mumford & Sons, One Republic, meet The Clash. Also one of their new songs I think its ” Does He Know?” reminds me of “Jessie’s Girl” from Rick Springfield influence. 🙂 🙂
I feel like their collaboration with each other and with other musicians like One Republic’s Ryan Tedder, Ed Sheeran, McFly’s: Tom Fletcher, Danny Jones, and Dougie Poynter; has made this album hit a new level of success. I think that listeners from other fandoms or who have never even given One Direction a chance once they listen to this album it will change their mind. There are quite a few ballads on this new album and I feel it has been inspired by their families, their tour memories, and above all their girlfriends for those who are in a relationship. Most of these songs talk about how they can be strong together, how special they are to each other, and how they should never forget who they are, where they belong, or how lucky they all are. I believe that it is also dedicated to all those fans who have been so dedicated from the first moment they stepped on their first performance of “The X Factor UK” to three years later which brings us to now.
My personal favorites are “You and I”, “Half a Heart”, “Little White Lies”, “Diana”, “Story Of My Life”, and “Don’t Forget Where You Belong“. But to be honest I am completely and utterly in love with all of them :). If you have not seen their latest music video to their new single “Story Of My Life” for “Midnight Memories” album go to One Direction’s VEVO and watch as soon as possible. Its a very sentimental melody with great lyrics and features old memories of photographs of them and their family members.
They had also announced that they are selling tickets like crazy for their 2014 stadium tour! “Where We Are” is almost sold out in most countries already so if you are dying to see the boys make sure you go to their website and get them while they are still there. Some of the countries they will be playing at will be (but keep on checking their official website for any updates!) :
And, yes, I think there will be a lot of fans that are going to be dying of the feels and swooning over this new album just like I am as well. Also do not miss on November 26th One Direction’s 1D Day!
I hope you all have a blessed week I will be posting more things soon! Love you!!! XXX
Like me on FB: Evetzie’s Repertoire: Fashion Beauty Style!